- November 23, 2020
- Posted by: kgrnaudit
- Category: vat
Value Added Tax (VAT) was started in the UAE on 1 January 2018 with a rate of VAT 5%. The VAT, as a general consumption tax, will apply to the majority of transactions in goods and services. UAE adds VAT on tax registered businesses on a taxable supply of goods or services at each step of the supply chain. Let’s get to know more on the VAT return filing date in UAE, VAT return UAE due date and VAT consultants in UAE.
- The standard Tax Period applicable to a Taxable Person shall be a period of three calendar months ending on the date that the FTA determines.
- The FTA may, at its discretion, assign a different Tax Period, other than the standard one, to a certain group of Taxable Persons
- In some cases, businesses may be needed to file VAT returns on a monthly basis.
- Where a Taxable Person is assigned the standard Tax Period, he may request that the Tax Period ends with the month as requested by him, and the FTA may accept such a request at its discretion.
- The VAT Return must be collected by the FTA no later than the 28th day following the end of the Tax Period concerned or by such other date as directed by the FTA.
- Where a payment is due to the FTA, it must be collected by the FTA by the same deadline.
- Where the due date for the submission of the VAT Return and the corresponding payment falls on a weekend or a national holiday, the deadline for filing the VAT Return or making a payment is extended to the first business day thereafter.
- No business transaction, the requirement to submit a nil return
Basic Information on VAT UAE
Data in the Basic Information is automatically generated based on the Registration Details, and no direct input is needed from the Taxpayer. KGRN helps you with your company’s VAT return filing.
For enquiries, call +971 45 570 204 / E-mail: email@example.com